It’s March. This means it’s almost time for open water. However, if you’re a smart shopper, you know manufacturers and retailers are cutting prices on ice gear as the season comes to a close. If you are looking to restock, or invest in some new gear, now is the time to do so.
It is no secret that Amazon has great deals. Such is the case even for ice fishing gear. In honor of the season drawing to a close, we have compiled a list of the best deals online and some products we think are pretty neat. Enjoy!
Top Electronics 1. Humminbird Helix 5 Fill your 5-gallon bucket with 10 gallons of technology. The extreme-temperature display instantly finds and reports the lake bottom, automatically setting the flasher scale. Ultra-fast LCDs eliminate guesswork with a digital readout showing your exact depth. Precision GPS helps you find and return to productive spots, while optional Humminbird Lake Master charts give you more detail than any other map on ice. It’s a winning combination. And it’s only from Humminbird. 2. Garmin Striker 4 Portable Bundle STRIKER 4 fishfinder with portable carrying case is perfect for fishing from a kayak or canoe and is especially handy for ice fishing. Mark and return to your hot spots, boat ramps and docks. You also can share your favorite waypoints and routes with other STRIKER and echoMAP chartplotter combos. Smooth Scaling graphics provide uninterrupted imagery when switching between depth-range scales. Sonar history rewind allows you to scroll back through sonar images to mark waypoints you originally may have missed.
3. Marcum LX-7 The industry’s first real – time panoramic color LCD sonar! Driven by a powerful sonar engine, the LX-7 quickly generates vivid underwater pictures using a real-time display. You get dynamic, easy-read, user-selectable views of fish, lures and structure… and an awesome advantage on the ice 4. Deeper Smart Sonar Pro+ Wireless, castable Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ is the best of its series. It uses Wi-Fi connection to transfer more accurate data to your smartphone or tablet. Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ contains a highly accurate internal GPS receiver that enables device to create bathymetric maps while fishing onshore or off. This makes Deeper Smart Sonar PRO+ the only available castable echo sounder that allows you to access accurate feature- and fish-finding data that was previously available only on the consoles of expensive fishing boats.
Top Apparel 1. Frabil I3 Jacket and Bib Frabill’s I-Series of high-performance apparel is engineered to withstand anything that winter throws your way. With the most advanced features, fit, and materials available. Frabill’s updated line is the complete cold weather defense and has once again set the new standard in extreme angler gear. The 100 percent seam sealed jacket features a waterproof, windproof, breathable 300 denier nylon taslan shell, 150g 3M Thinsulate insulation, ice fishing specific ergonomic design, adjustable hood with sun visor, hand warmer pockets with tricot lining, multiple cargo pockets plus internal electronics pocket and 3M Scotchlite reflective material. It includes a self-rescue feature set: ice pick holsters, ice pick set, ice safety internal label, and drainage mesh. 2. Under Armour Base Layer 4.0 UA Base™ 4.0 delivers heat like no other, keeping you warm even in the brutal cold. Soft, brushed negative grid interior traps hot air, providing superior warmth. 4-way stretch fabrication allows greater mobility in any direction. Moisture Transport System wicks sweat away from the body. Anti-Odor technology prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes.
3. Clam Ice Armor Mitts Fact: fingers are warmest when huddled together in a Mitt. The perfect piece of gear when the weather takes a nasty turn. Made from 2 layers of breathable, waterproof IceTech material, with 150 grams of Thinsulate Insulation in between. Forearm length for extra protection, sealable to keep snow out. Flexible, too. Available in 5 sizes. 4. Ergodyne’s N-Ferno Balaclava Call us crazy, but we just happen to think your headwear should consistently provide a beggars banquet of BTUs. So quit playing with matches and build a bonfire around your brain with the element busting energy of the N-Ferno Cool Series. All N-Ferno Warming Products include winter liners and other head wear designed to keep workers warm and comfortable. We’ve got versions for cool, cold, and extreme conditions with hi-tech fabrics and superior features for reliable warmth from ear-to-ear. In fact, most liners have pockets next to the ears to hold warming packs.
Top Accessories 1. I-Fish Pro Tip Up Puts the fight back into tip-up fishing! Use your favourite rod & reel rather than trying to manage the fish by hand. Features an adjustable & durable rod holder. The base is large enough to cover the hole correctly. Flag is designed to be triggered only by the pull of the fish. Trigger has three settings to choose from – light, medium & heavy. Slip-stop allows you to jig without having to move your tip-up. 2. STABILicers Lite Walker Ice Cleats With aggressive cleats and tread, STABILicers Lite Walker ice cleats provide unbeatable grip. Made from the same Elastomer as the STABILicers SPORT ice cleats, the Lite Walker is easy to pull on and take off, while securely fitting both shoes and boots. STABILicers Lite Walker’s non-replaceable multi-directional steel cleats bite into ice and snow allowing you to stride naturally through winter’s worst conditions. Ideal for city workers, postal carriers, delivery workers, and anyone that spends their days outside on their feet. And the Lite Walker rolls up nicely and is small enough to be carried in a purse or workbag. Keep a pair on hand and don’t let winter catch you off guard.
3. HotSnapz Reusable Hand Warmers HotSnapZ Hand Warmers are reusable and provide instant heat. Click the internal button, see the reaction taking place and feel the instant heat. Use them over and over again. This set includes 4 HotSnapZ round hand warmers (4″ diameter) and 4 of our pocket-sized HotSnapZ hand warmers. These are perfect for the ice angler as they provide a cost effective solution to heating gloves, pockets, footwear, etc. time and time again.
Top Tackle 1. 13 Fishing Ultra Light Tickle Stick 13 Fishing is proud to introduce the NEW Tickle Stick Ice rod series, a revolutionary ice fishing rod which renders spring bobbers obsolete. Yes, that is right, no more cutting, taping, melting, having them roll over, or not sit straight. You can flick your remaining spring bobber supply from last season at your friends tinkering with theirs, because you will never have to deal with another spring bobber again. There is no doubt that spring bobbers have been an invaluable tool for ice fishermen by allowing them to detect very subtle strikes that would otherwise go unnoticed. But because the bite can only be seen and not felt, countless strikes go unnoticed by momentarily distracted anglers each season. This is where the Tickle Stick changes the game by broadening the angler’s ability to react to a strike visually, but also by feel; all without the headaches associated with using a spring bobber. The Tickle Stick’s PC2 (Parallel Composite Construction) linear fibers allowed 13 designers to create a completely flat tip which does two things: · It drastically increases the angler’s ability to detect ascending and descending strikes to levels never before possible with current ice fishing technology. · It adds extreme rigidity to the blank by eliminating the spine. This prevents the rod from rolling and ensures that every hook set drives the hook straight through the top of the mouth. You are not bringing a knife to a gun fight when you have the Tickle Stick in hand. 2. Frabill Ice Rod Safe Case Sturdy as a gun case, yet light as a backpack, Frabill’s rod safe storage case offers vault-like protection for your hard water combos. Made of blow-molded abs. Extremely strong blow-molded hard case. Foam padding keeps combos in place. Lightweight design allows for easy transport. Holds up to 8 combos.
3. Eagle Claw Inline Ice Reel This Eagle Claw ice reel features Nylon body and spool, smooth Teflon drag, spool tension adjustment, free spool release button, star drag and line clicker, and reduced line twist. At this price and with this functionality, it is hard to go wrong with this ice reel.
4. Ice Armor 8426 Jig Box This jig box by Clam has proven to be one of the toughest and most convenient storage systems available for the ice. It features a double-sided, butterfly design that is able to house a plethora of jigs, plastics, or whatever else an ice angler may need to land the big one. Additionally, this box features a waterproof design to reduce rust and improve durability.